Monday, September 27, 2010

tight-fitting, for style and mating purposes (repost)

Tuesday, March 11, 2008


OMG- so... last night I went to Holocene to see Leslie and Ly’s, and they were soooo much fun. Man, it was such a great show. I have almost never laughed, wanted to dance at a live show, or wish I had gold pants so much as I did last night. Holla for the keeper of the gem sweaters!!! Ya’ll checkout this Midwestern Diva if she comes to a town near you. Well worth your $10. (my personal favorite part was the naming of the gem sweaters and the infomercial backdrops... it’s glamorous!)



Regarding
Leslie, basically, I know most of you are still scratching your head at this girl... but just to give you an idea:

"Leslie first began displaying herself in "strangely glamorous and unflattering ways" while attending Ames High School in Iowa. During her senior year, she entered the homecoming parade, as part of a prom queen campaign, donning a sparkling pink Goodwill gown, a neck brace, and a tiara (won by her mother who was crowned Miss Auburn, Nebraska in 1970). Her publicity stunt made the front page of the local newspaper the following day. Her campaign was a success, and when springtime came, she was crowned queen."

Heath Ledger, still dead :(

You know, I never properly mourned the death of Heath Ledger here. I’m not exactly saying that my blog is the proper place, but of all the current Hollywood male actors, Heath was one of my favorites. The first movie that he really grabbed my attention is was Mel Gibson’s, The Patriot... and I loved loved him and Julia Stiles in 10 Things I Hate about you, and loved how when I lived in Australia, he was all over the friggin place. In fact, I dated a guy in Savannah briefly before I moved who physically, bared some resemblance. I think we’re going to miss his impact in movies.

The leaves are finally budding on the trees which means that spring time is on the way. Which also means that this is the time of year that I steal flowers out of people’s yards. (mainly daffodils and tulips.. so if you have lilacs- don’t worry) Also, this makes me happy since I figured I’ve survived my first full fledged winter here regarding the rain and damp and dreayness. I’d tell you, as someone who has ridden their bike to work almost everyday regardless of weather, what I have to say about the Portland winter, but I’m afraid housing cost would rise even more... so, just leave knowing that it does rain every day and it’s dark... dark... dark ...dark, like the color of your favorite stout. You wouldn’t want to live here, trust me.

And.... another notable thing, T-shirts appear as 84 in the
Things White People Like blog. Now, I fully fully agree with this and I love their description on what makes a proper t-shirt. Read as follows:

"T-shirts fall into three categories: vintage, new, and unacceptable, with the latter category compromising the bulk of the world’s supply. Within each category lies another, more precise subset of rules and rankings. Make no mistake, this is complicated.

The most prized t-shirt category is vintage. As shown earlier, white people need authenticity like they need oxygen and to have an original vintage t-shirt from the 1970s or 1980s is a very powerful social status symbol. The ideal shirt will have a funny logo, a year attached to it, and will be as thin as rice paper. In the event that two white people have shirts that meet this criteria, the superior ranking is given to the person who paid the least for the shirt. Acquiring a shirt at a vintage clothing store is seen as less respectable than sorting through racks at the Goodwill.

The second category of t-shirt is new and there really are only two options. The first is American Apparel, a company that constantly reminds you it is based in downtown Los Angeles. They are considered an acceptable white company since they produce things that are very simple, but also very expensive. The second acceptable new shirt is
Threadless. This Chicago-based company produces artistic and funny t-shirts that are acceptable for concerts, Whole Foods and 80s night. White people like these shirts so much because they are designed by white people, for white people. Sort of like a white FUBU.

Finally, and perhaps the most important to be aware of, is the unacceptable category of t-shirts. There are a few simple rules to follow in order to avoid wearing the wrong t-shirt. First, if it’s made of a stiff, thick cotton, throw it in the garbage immediately. White people t-shirts must be made of the softest, finest organic cotton. This is law. Unless it is vintage, the shirt cannot be made in a foreign country (unless you can certify its labor conditions). The shirt cannot contain a current sports logo. Shirts with sports logos are acceptable, but they must contain a logo that hasn’t been used in 15 years. Last and not least, it cannot be baggy. Your t-shirt must be tight-fitting for both style and mating purposes.

It is also imperative to understand that faux vintage shirts ("Getting Lucky in Kentucky") are completely unacceptable. They are beloved by the wrong kind of white people, and must be avoided at all costs."





I hate manila colored paper.
I made a point to tell that to my art teachers in elementary school.

Just like sheets, I wanted a higher thread count and I was unsatisfied with the way the paper grabbed the lead from my 2 pencil or dulled my crayon after one minute of heavy coloring.

Read more:

No comments:

Post a Comment