Friday, October 23, 2009

one word - awesome


Awesome is the only word I can think of to describe the singer Brandi Carlile. Anyone who has known me for a while knows that I am a big connoisseur of her work. To some of my friends my admiration can only be seen as "superfan", or "obsessive", or a little "driven and out of control" - I prefer to say that I am well versed and have a some what academic appreciation for her. Sure, it doesn't help that she's
cute... but, that's not what I'm talking about here. Sure, I've seen her 26 times over the course of four years, but I'm not going to bore you with details. In fact, anyone who cares to know details knows where they can find them, for everyone else I'm just going to share with you some videos I took last night at Brandi's show for her Give Up the Ghost Tour here in Portland. And, if you missed it, you should be sorry. Don't say I didn't tell you.

And, because I know people have short attention spans, I'll start off with my favorite video of the evening, a duet with the simply pleasing Katie Herzig. I think this moment made anyone who wasn't already a fan of one of the two ladies, sign and commit their adoration.


And, because this song never never never gets old, Pride & Joy. It doesn't matter that I've seen this song change and develop over the past three years, every time it just gets me. And, add in that guitar sex is just so damn hot. I just need a cold shower after point 6:16 on this video.

This is one of my new favorite songs from Brandi's new release. The words are just so touching and bittersweet.

I've never been a huge fan of the Song Mad World, but Brandi has the ability to make it something.

Another track that I absolutely love on the new album is this one, Looking Out. It's become quite the song that makes you want to blast it from the speakers carusing down the highway.

Much like I do with this old favorite of mine, My Song.

And, if you're reading this on facebook - get your ass over to my blog and watch the videos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment