Monday, September 28, 2009

pearl jam, check...


I have a shirt just like that Eddie. So do millions of Boy Scouts.
So, this past weekend I was able to cross off a big thing on that massive to-do list of mine, go see Pearl Jam!!! Basically, I'm not going to write up a huge music review cause really - who wants to read that. Just know that:
1. I got to the Clark County Ampitheather late and missed Ben Harper who opened for PJ. booo :(

2. I haven't been to a venue like the CCA since I went to a few Lilith Fairs back in the day.

3. There were way more dudes at Pearl Jam than there were at Lilith Fair, go figure.

4. Those dudes were way more drunk than the Lilth Fair crowd too.

5. I am spoiled by getting to see so many bands I love up close and personal in small venues.

6. On the lawn, I spend most of my time not watching the stage... but watching the large screens.

7. I realize, I might as well be watching a concert on TV at home.

8. However, at home I can't get the REAL CONCERT EXPERIENCE of the rampant smell of pot and drunk dudes spilling beer on my shoes. (Or maybe I just need to find different friends to watch the concert at home with? )

9. Jaleah, my concert cohort, said that regardless of how far away from the stage we were sitting, you could still see Eddie Vedder's huge head pretty well.

10. The highlight was during encore #1, Eddie brought Corin Tucker, from Sleater Kinney fame, who currently lives in Portland, out on stage to sing a favorite song of mine, Golden State.

11. I first heard this song when John Doe and Kathleen Edwards sung it together at the Aladdin last fall.

12. Eddie rarely gets a chance to sing it. In fact, I couldn't find any video's on youtube of it aside from this:
(in case you don't know what Eddie and Corin look like... this is a photo. You can stare at it for close to 3 minutes.)

13. The rarity of it as a cover really makes me wish I would have brought my video to shoot it.

14. However, I was sitting in crap lawn seats watching the big screens. So, no video for me.

15. Even though getting to hear Eddie and Corin's cover on Saturday was the highlight of the show for me... I still think I could watch and listen to Kathleen Edwards and John Doe sing it over and over and over again.

16. I left early to avoid horrible I-5 traffic.

17. I'm glad I can cross Pearl Jam off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment