Wednesday, September 9, 2009

help me chose!

So, tomorrow I'm going out to the Alpenrose velodrome to pick up another addition to my bike family.... a track bike. I know, I know... I said you'd probably never catch me riding a fixie - but this is different! This isn't about riding a bike around town with no brakes while wearing skinny jeans a bandanna and no helmet - no... this is about riding a bike around a circle with no brakes and a 45 degree sloped bank at ridiculously fast speeds. Sounds better huh?

Anyways, at the end of the year the velodrome sells all the rental track bikes they used for the past year and I decided that for basic usage, and at $350 this sounded like a pretty good deal for a starter bike.

This is basically the bike: (click to see full image)

(GT stands for Generic Track bike - mine will have drops: aka - real handlebars)

So, much like the above photo... the bike is a basic black. Which, i'm not thrilled about... nor am I disappointed. Black is black... is like black. However, being an artist... I kinda see this as a blank canvas to have a bike in whatever color I want to have a bike in. A friend of mine knows a place where I can get it powder coated for about $100. So the question remains.... what color?

I picked six favorite Pantone colors and laid them out in a graphically pleasing format. And I ask you... which would you chose?


No comments:

Post a Comment