Tuesday, December 22, 2009

kind and generous...


As most of you might know, last month on the day after Thanksgiving my snowboard was stolen while I was in eating lunch at Mt. Hood Meadows. In the weeks that followed, I asked my facebook friends to help me out by donating a dollar or any spare change to my "mean people suck" new snowboard fund. And well, what can I say... the kindness and generosity of my friends seriously left me speechless. In fact, I was able to greatly off-set the cost of a new setup and I even spent some money on a lock to make sure it wouldn't happen again.


Basically, my new board is the "bigger sister" to my former board, a Rome Blue 151. After extensive searching, I was able to find my old board style (147) on sale in someplace in Virginia, but the people at the shop were being tools about shipping it... so, instead I decided to upgrade in size and found the 151 version of my board from a seller on ebay. Brand new with free shipping, my new board was on it's way to me! The graphics are very similar, colors a little different, more bold and vibrant, and those few more inches make a difference in my turns and the float... but, I still get that same happy feeling when I look at my new board that I did with the prior one. However, this board warms my heart a little more than the other one since I know that so many of my friends pitched in to helped me get it.


So, when I take it for a spin in the mountains, in the deep powdery snow like I did last week on it's inaugural run... just know that even if many of you won't make it out to my home turf of Mt. Hood to board with me any time soon... every time I go snowboarding, you all are with me. And I thank you and vow to pay your kindness forward.


thank you thank you thank you!







No comments:

Post a Comment