Tuesday, April 6, 2010

in case you missed the concert last night...

In case you missed the sold out show of Brandi Carlile at Mississippi Studios last evening, here are some of the highlights. I made sure to film all the new songs from her XOBC album that haven't really been played live before... so please, pour yourself a cold one, sit back and enjoy this little virtual concert. Thanks once again to Brandi and the Boys for another great night and Mississippi Studios for never failing to be the place where memories happen.

Way To You...


Us Again





And... just cause it's funny, here is Brandi impersonating Miranda Lambert

EDIT:

Edit: At the time I wrote this, I failed to say anything in some non-successfull attempt at being too cool for school... but in retrospect, I'm going to gab about it here like a starstruck fan girl, cause well... who am i kidding. When it comes to Brandi that's who I am and will most likely always be. But basically, I can die happy now... there is no way that any other concert experience could top this one...EVER!

First of all, the show took place at my favorite place for live music, Portland's Mississippi Studios, my favorite singer performed a set list of songs requested by the audience and ones never before played live, also... my favorite singer gave me a shout out. Yes, that's right folks... Brandi Carlile gave me a shout out during the concert. If you are regular readers, you know what this show meant to me... that it was pretty much my three year anniversary of coming to Portland and symbolized independence and following your dreams and not letting the shit of life keep you down (if you're not a regular reader... you can read about that here).

Basically though, at some point in the show Brandi took a second to thank Portland for coming out on a Monday night to a sold out show at a tiny little venue like Mississippi Studios and well, she wanted to thank Portland for coming out to all the small little venues they've played over the years here in town as so much has changed since then for the band, but she'll never forget those places and the people who came out. Then, she started talking about the last time she played Mississippi Studios... it was three years ago and it was such a great night, it was right before their album was released.... and there were some really great videos that were shot that night by "snowshoe" (and then she looked and pointed and smiled at me)... etc, etc, etc. Honestly, I don't really remember anything else that happened after that as I was pretty much on cloud 9 by that point.

Like I said, I can die happy now:) Full circle realizations my friends, full circle.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa Knight directed me here! Thanks!!! Wow! Haven't heard Heaven in a loooong time. And she does it well...I'm feelin' good :0)
    Sharon from Philly

    ReplyDelete