Tuesday, February 9, 2010

it's all coming back to me now...

I apologize for anyone who has heard me say this or write about it before, but every once and a while I find myself listening to music from the 90's and I ask myself... hmm, is it just me, or.... is that Cher or Heart? Is that Heart or Celine Dion? or is that Celine Dion or Meatloaf?

You think I'm kidding that sometimes these things confuse me, but really watch these two epicly long videos and think to yourself how similar they are:

It's All Coming Back to Me - Celine Dion


Shall we count the things they both have in common?
  • motorcycles
  • big creepy houses
  • lots and lots of candles
  • big flowy curtains
  • big beds
  • large framed paintings/photos/mirrors
  • reflections in "said" objects
  • lighting/rain
  • flashbacks
  • wind
  • smoke/fog
  • people running
  • disappearing people
  • things crashing, etc
Well, the songs have more in common than their videos; in fact, they were both written by the same guy, Jim Steinman. Actually, the song "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" song was first chosen to be sung by Meat Loaf to appear on his Bat Out of Hell 2 album. However, the writer Jim Steinman and Meat Loaf decided to put "I Would Do Anything For Love" on Hell 2 instead and save "Back to Me" for Hell 3. Speaking of Jim Steinman... he also wrote this other classic slightly (VERY) creepy big house and candle song (and video).

No comments:

Post a Comment